There are two of us who started up a comm for the Seattle Sounders, and just thought it might be good to get the word out. Come on over if you are at all interested in the team or maybe even just one player: ssoundersfc We have all the normal stuff, match discussions, etc. We hope to keep it a really active comm!
My boyfriend does a weekly podcast that appears at www.bigsoccer.com called The Fighting Talker Podcast. This week, he and his co-host interviewed Dave Lifton, a fellow DC United fan, to preview their 2009 Major League Soccer season.
The podcast is available here
The blog is available at http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?u=5954
. If you check it out in the next couple days, there will be a full MLS preview podcast with Fox Soccer Channel commentator Christopher Sullivan.
Who do you think will be the two teams in 2011?
I think Vancouver is certain to be one since they interviewed Steve Nash in a Whitecaps kit. Will the other be Portland or Montreal? Or somewhere else?
Ever wanted a place where you could talk about the MLS with other fans? Ever wanted to fangirl over a USMNT player but didn't want people to think you weren't serious about the game? Ever wanted to have intelligent discussion over MLS and USMNT matches, news, rosters, formations, and hairstyles? Then omg_yanks is the place for you! Your one-stop destination for everything MLS and USMNT, including live reactions, picspams, news, match reports, flailing, and general discussion on MLS teams and US Men's (and occasionally Women's) National Teams.
US President George W. Bush (C) poses with Major League Soccer Champion Houston Dynamos in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, DC, June 5, 2008. AFP PHOTO/Jim WATSON (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images)
|» The Clean Sheet|
Does anyone know if MLSnet.com stopped carrying Tino Palace's "The Clean Sheet"? I looked forward to that every week and I've not seen it since the season started! I sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org but didn't get a reply.|
|» (No Subject)|
Does anyone here have MLSlive.tv? Are the streams decent?|
|» (No Subject)|
i wanted to bring this up and hear what people think: give the new philly franchise a year to settle in and try and make a playoff spot just like everyone else has done in the past, but then: |
starting in 2011, i propose these changes:
1. MLS, as our domestic league is titled, changes its name to the AMERICAN PREMIERSHIP or something similiar.. maybe NORTH AMERICAN PREMIERSHIP since TFC is with us now.. but essentially, i want to hear it called the premiership or something that really sets our league apart from the other US sports..
2. switch to a european table format. top team in the entire league wins the Premiership Cup.
3. mls cup now becomes another competition much like the carling cup is in england. just the top flight gets in and they duke it out through the year.
4. introduce goal line technology as well as two more refs on the sidelines
5. fade out the salary cap (which, if anything, will eventually happen)
6. C Ronaldo moves to chivas usa to play with Theo Walcott as we win the league for the third year in a row
what do you think?
|» 2008 MLS Picks|
1. DC United
5. Red Bulls
7. Toronto FC
2. FC Dallas
4. Chivas USA
5. Real Salt Lake
1. Dynamo over 8. Galaxy
2. DC United over 7. Red Bull NY
6. Wizards over 3. Fire
5. FC Dallas over 4. Revolution
1. Dynamo over 5. FC Dallas
2. DC United 6. Wizards
2. DC United over 1. Dynamo
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|